Autumn is definitely here, it feels colder and is a lot wetter. It’s a beautiful time of year with the trees changing colour. This brings one of the main jobs of the season, raking up leaves! It might feel pointless with the wind blowing more off but these will make a great compost heap for next years crops.
Other jobs to do this month are:
- Separate rhubarb crowns to create new plants.
- Cut back perennials that have died down.
- Move plants inside.
- Plant out spring cabbages.
- Harvest apples, pears and grapes.
- Prune climbing roses.
- Collect seeds from the garden to sow next year.
- Trim hedges.
- Last chance to cut the lawns on dry days.
Forker Garden Products – Suppliers of Compost, Bark, Peat Free Compost, Topsoil, Bark and other Garden Sundries, based in County Armagh, Northern Ireland. We supply garden centres, growers, landscapers, hardware stores as well as the general public. We provide specialist mixes for growers to their own specification. Our products suit not only flowers & shrubs – but they are also perfect for indoor/outdoor growing of fruit & vegetables! Delivery available throughout Ireland and UK