May has arrived and the days are getting longer. We are all wishing for the warmer, drier days of May and the signs that summer is on the way!
Essential jobs this month are:
- Dead-head spring bulbs this will help with next years growth.
- Harden off young plants by putting them outside during the day.
- Weed borders and beds regularly.
- Transplant any pot – bound patio plants into larger containers.
- Cut off strawberry runners so the plant focuses its energy into producing fruit.
Sow lettuce seeds every fortnight to have a continuous supply throughout the summer and into the autumn.
Forker Garden Products – Suppliers of Compost, Bark, Peat Free Compost, Topsoil, Bark and other Garden Sundries, based in County Armagh, Northern Ireland. We supply garden centres, growers, landscapers, hardware stores as well as the general public. We provide specialist mixes for growers to their own specification. Our products suit not only flowers & shrubs – but they are also perfect for indoor/outdoor growing of fruit & vegetables! Delivery available throughout Ireland and UK