June is a wonderful time in the garden, flowers are starting to appear in abundance and there’s plenty to harvest in the veg patch. Keep on top of your plants and keep an eye out for cold nights at this time of year as some plants will still need plenty of protection.
The garden is frost free by June, which means it is safe to plant out all remaining veg. plant out peas, beans, rocket, carrots and tomatoes.
Top tips for the garden:
- Keep on top of weeds
- Be water-wise, especially in drought-affected areas
- Harvest lettuce, radish, other salads and early potatoes
- Position summer hanging baskets and containers outside
- Mow lawns at least once a week
- Plant out summer bedding
- Shade greenhouses to keep them cool and prevent scorch