It’s still cold outside but the bulbs are slowly emerging from the ground and the days are getting longer. All the signs that spring is on the way!
This month’s jobs in the garden are mostly getting ready for spring:
- Order in your seeds for the year and plan what needs to be sowed over the next few months.
- Check on your seed trays and pots and buy in new if needed.
- Start chitting early potatoes- egg cartons/boxes are perfect to stand them up in and place in a bright cool place that is frost free.
- Build raised beds before the growing season begins. Raised beds allow you to make an early start in the garden, the soil warms up faster and the beds will drain quicker.
- Tidy up vegetable plots removing any remaining plant debris.